So all the painting went great, well sort of... The frames done, all gloss black and looking mean, the rear guard, battery box, electric can and mounts are done, all matt black. But the front guard and tank decided to give us some trouble, the old paint job had flames so there was a rise in the paint where the flames had been layed down, i thought i sanded it down enough but when we painted them you could still see the flames underneath, and a few sanding patches too...
I didnt have it in me to sand them right back again, after about 6 hours of sanding already on this job just looking at the paper was painful. So i will either do it bit by bit after work or see if i can get it sand blasted cheaply. Anyways the important part is done and now i have the frame ready i can start building this bike for real. Also today i spent sunday morning replacing all my top engine screws and nuts with brand new chrome ones, and i also installed my pamco electronic ignition which replaces the old points ignition, and after that took my 4WD up the mountains and blew off some steam thrashing it throughout the bush in Springwood. So all in all a damn good weekend. A little bit of custom heat proof paint on the motor and im ready to put that sucker in the frame.
I'll post some pics very soon, take it easy.