Monday, February 1, 2016

Recent Flyby on BOBBN!

It runs, its tuned, its awesome and i love it. Still want to add remove cut paint and modify alot of it which is just as fun as riding it.

Friday, June 13, 2014

Mission accomplished! ! !

So I finally did it, engineered and registered legitimately.
Its been such a long process and learning curve but it was all worth it in the end. No feeling compares to riding your own creation down the road!  As you would expect its never actually finished, mufflers wire wheels and some additional tuning will be coming next but for now she rides idles nice and is good to go! Heres a sneaky pic ill put more up and some video later. Thanks for taking the time to follow my progress, I hope you got something out of it!

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Finishing Touches!

Hi there! had a rad time this weekend, me and some mates piled all our bike gear into a trailer and worked on our bikes. I took my whole bike to my mates place and there was also another XS650 engine there getting some love. We time captured the days on a go pro so look out for that footage later.

Work done on my bike was applying lock tight on all the rattly nuts and bolts, also i replaced the clutch pushrod seal. While doing this i noticed the LH side of the hole in the case where the sprocket shaft protrudes was chipped off !!!! Its looks like someones used that part of the case for some leverage with a tool or hammered it somehow..... So maybe this is where the oil was coming from all along, time will tell if need be ill clean it all up and apply some gasket sealant, and if that doesnt work ill look into a more metallic solution.

I had to chamfer the edge of the case where the pushrod seal seats and did so with a dremel and tapped it in with oil on it for lube. went right in !!! Much easier doing it this way than splitting the case.
My friends motor has been sitting in a shed for 20 years !!! So we cleaned and scrubbed and chiseled the filth and wasp houses off it lol. Almost ready for paint, we also dumped the oil and inspected the internals as we have never ran this motor since it was bought. All signs were positive so hopefully it will need minimal reco work.

So i need to tamper with some wiring and thats it for the build !! Its more or less finished, time to get some cash together and register it.
Had  few drinks, smoked the old pipe and caught up with mates, was an awesome wrenching session, look foward to doing it again soon. Thanks Josh for hosting the shenanigans!

Friday, February 15, 2013

All dressed up with nowhere to go

Hey !
an update is well overdue! Truth is the bike is 99 percent complete (well for stage one anyways im sure this bike will get rebuilt).
I'll link my most recent video which pretty much says it all.
I need to fix and oil leak (clutch pushrod seal i beleive) locktight all the bolts and do a final fit. I'm kindof waiting for a bit of spare cash for rego thats holding me back so the bike has been patiently waiting.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Recent work with Video's!

Hi there ive been working on the bike again and enjoying it alot. So after two years of searching ( no exaggeration) ive found front and rear original xs650 hubs!!! A guy in the states had them and was kind enough to ship them to me , this means ill be running wire wheels on my beast as soon as i save up to buy the wheel rims and spokes. In the meantime the alloys are fine, what i did to the bike this weekend was remove the LH disc and caliper and install the single braided brake line on th RH side of the front end. I did this just to clean up the LH side so you can see more of the wheel , i think its a smoother look. Also made a bracket and mounted the headlight switch in a tricky little spot near the triple tree, cut my chain to length and tentioned it, installed the horn button on the bars and installed my speedo drive cable. Oh and i found my mirrors and exhaust baffles that have been lost for a year ever since i moved houses, so all in all it was a good weekend for the bike build. Heres some videos and pics!!!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The final push!

Hi again, Ive had the chance to do some more work on the bobber and the last 2 days have brought some good results. Ive dont the final prep for the tank guards and battery tin, if you look a few posts down you will see the struggle ive had getting this tank to look straight, i think ive spent 16+ hours on it from the start but it was all worth it in the end. Also i made a headlight mount, powder coated it, and installed the new bates style headlight and steered away from the bulkier light i chose originally. Ive moved my horn button to my bars, and will be moving my headlight switch from the light and tucking it between my guages and the triple tree. Removed my brake lines in preperation to take off one disc and caliper and install my new braided line for a single disc front. I think it will look cool having ones side of the wheel more visable and seeing the weight ive stripped from the bike it wont impact my braking performance too much. Also ive installed my clutch side foward controls (brake side still needs some powder caoting).
So all ive got left to do is the final paint, brake side foward controls, finish off front brakes, cut my chain to length, re wire my headlight, and locktight + final assembly.
Check out the pics, Enjoy!